When summer is at its peak, what does your heart want to do?
Have you ever thought of taking a dip in the flowing water of the Ganges or a trek to the mountain to breathe fresh air while experiencing the beauty of the nature? If yes, the travel bug has found your address! 🙂
To beat the heat of Bangalore, I visited to Mandalpatti, located 35-40 km from Madikeri town en route to Abbi falls. Mandalpatti Trek ushers you to the most scenic landscape, unruly path, dewy & cloudy hilltop & a lust for adventure.
Mandalpatti, crowned at the height of 1600 km above sea level, in Madikeri. This trek route has recently started gaining popularity from the tourists. The best part about the Mandalpatti trek is its rickety path which is not easily accessible by any other vehicle, but a Jeep. To reach to the Mandalpatti view point, one needs to hire one of those rickety Jeeps available on the way for service. The route from Madikeri town to Mandalpatti unfolds hidden waterfalls, large thicket of green lush, coffee estates & spectacular scenery.
The road to the Mandalpatti view point is in dilapidated condition, & one needs the assistance of professional driver to hit the route. The 2 hour Jeep ride on bumpy road & panoramic view of the sunset exposes the adventurer inside you to the ultimate rush of adrenaline to discover this picturesque spot.
Pic Credit- Google
From the View point, you can trek to the unknown trails which would further introduce you to the hidden waterfalls & ethereal beauty of the real Coorg.
Pro tips –
- Only Hire a Professional Jeep Rider. Don’t opt to self-ride your car as there is no road (just a patch of mud) on the way to the hill top.
- There is no public transportation available to reach the destination. Rickety Jeeps are the only option to cruise the way to the hill top. I bet, you would fall in love with this adventurous Jeep ride.
- Hiring a jeep would cost anywhere between Rs 1200-1500 per day.
- Do not over eat while going to Mandalpatti trek. However, you can carry some light snacks & drinks with you.
- On the top of the hill, it’s quite windy. Make sure, you carry warm clothes & camera. Fixing a camera on a tripod can be risky.
- There is a counter at the entrance, which charges a minimum amount for entering in to this route.
- Jeep ride is available only to a certain point, beyond that one needs to walk.
- There is no proper loo & sanitation facility available so those who has urination problem can avoid this trip.
- There are many hillocks to explore during this trek.
- Please keep an eye on kids & old age family member while trekking.
This place has a different charm in all the seasons, so make sure you experience Mandalpatti in Summer as well as in winter. Those who live is Bangalore, Mandalpatti is just stone’s throw away. Pack your bag this weekend & indulge yourself in the ultimate destination.
How to Reach?
One needs to spend an entire evening in Mandalpatti to experience its beauty & charm. One can start at daytime & spend entire evening in Mandalaptti to view the spectacular Sunset with their loved ones.
If you put up in a Stay home, ask directly to the Owner to connect you to the Jeep driver. You may get a better deal. 🙂
Else, drive a little ahead of Abbey Falls & you will find a turn where many Jeep services are available for Mandalpatti trip. Park your vehicle safely & hire a Jeep service.
Make a trip soon to Mandalapatti & share your experience with me. I am all ears! 😀 Meanwhile, I would be packing up my bags for an another adventurous trip!