Days which soothes the mind & heart every once in a week! 😉
You may plan to hang on to your regular weekend schedule which majorly involves sleeping, followed by devouring & sleeping…(Let me add up a few bottles of beer in your weekend schedule to make it a comprehensive one!) If it seems the most economical & relaxing way to spend your weekend, hold on, there are a few simple things (easy & economical) which can liven up your weekend & keep you refreshed throughout the week.
Here’s my list of activities to keep weekend interesting, it’s simple, fresh & interesting for you all 🙂
- Capture Sunrise- Leave your bed at the crack of dawn, make some fresh coffee & catch the beauty of the rising sun with your bare eyes! Isn’t it the most refreshing way to start a morning for a change?
- Go for a walk– Take a walk, amid the greenery. This is one of the best methods to initiate internal dialogue. Ask unasked questions to your soul & hear the dialogue between your mind & soul.
- Read a book– It’s soothing to mind & eyes 🙂 Fill yourself with impossible possibilities, close your eyes and dream.
- Try out a new thing– Okeh, don’t overthink about it! It could be anything…. a solo trip, a conversation with a stranger, to bake a cake or just gardening. Here I leave you to find the thing that excites you.
- Spend some time with yourself– Don’t blame me for pushing you too hard for starting an inner dialogue! You need it, everyone needs it.
Sit in a serene place, and give yourself some time. Revisit your good & bad memories, think about your strengths, let the moments pass you by.
Yes, please. Move your butt & shake your body. 😉
This is a great trick to keep yourself away from stress and depression.
- Laugh out loud
When did you last lost your control while laughing? If you are blank right now, you need to do something about it. Don’t think what people around you will think. Cos, you are the owner of your laughter.This is what makes you beautiful & adorable!
8. Do something crazy – Absolutely C.R.A.Z.Y!
Go cliff jumping (follow the safety measure for sure!), lay down on the road in the middle of the night, paint your tee-shirt, or make crazy sounds out of your mouth.
The idea is to break out of comfort zone & be interesting!
9. Pursue your Interest– Stay Passionate.
Make sure, you spend time to chase your passion on the weekend. Write, read, sing, dance or travel, be whatever it is; chase it fanatically.
Aptly said, in the words of Denis Waitley, ‘Chase your passion, not your pension.’
10. Go on a road trip
Run out of your home to go on a road trip! See the magnificent star studded sky while riding your bike. Enjoy the roads and feel the turns & twists throughout the road; doesn’t it excite you?
11. Eat healthy
I would suggest you to eat healthy, balanced diet on the weekend. Add some spices, honey, vegetable, & juices; make a healthy meal for yourself. Eat like a king & do some workout later. (If you feel, this can undo your efforts of routine healthy weekdays, I beg your pardon!) 😉
12. Gaze green
I bet, nothing can be more soothing to your eyes!
Feel the mother nature and her beauty with your eyes and other senses. Inhale. Exhale. & Repeat….
Consume the beauty & the tranquilizing effect of nature around you. Detoxify your body & thoughts while gazing at the greenery around you. You may plan to create your own green garden at home! 🙂 What say?
13. Walk the footsteps of a stranger: Attend a Meetup or a social meet. This practice will help you learn something new which you never knew, never heard and never realized.
14. Run a movie marathon
Love Movies? Go ahead & run movies back-to-back.
15. Create memories with loved ones
”Take care of all your memories for you cannot relive them” ~ Bob Dylan
Make the most out of small moments. Things which will remain forever in your heart & your loved ones would be these moments in the form of memories…Cherish them!
Our daily busy routine & dreams has alienated us from our families and loved ones. Don’t let it slip away and lost with the time.
16. Adorn Yourself
In simple words, ‘Love Yourself’! Nothing should stop you from adorning yourself on a daily basis, but weekends should always be special.
Always be high on your style quotient! Don’t overspend on attire & accessories, but try out a new hair style, stay groomed and experiment new stuffs every time you get a chance.
17. Get into D-I-Y activity
Ever tried to create an order out of chaos?
Pull out old items just lying around the corners of your home. Create something interesting & useful out of this garbage. In case you need better ideas, use Pinterest, YouTube or other sites to learn. Make a dress, accessory or household item & cherish your creativity.
18. Watch Ted video/ Browse Netflix
This is must for each of you! And, you know the reason. 🙂
19. Attend Volunteer activities
Participate in volunteer activities. Do good for mass & create a reason for your existence.
There are multiple people around us who needs our support and stand to walk on their feet. Reach out to people who need you, lend a helping ear to them and actively assist them for a cause.
Hope you loved these ideas to make weekend refreshing & interesting. If you have some other points, do let me know 🙂 I would love to hear from you 🙂